TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read the following terms and conditions before booking one of our glamping tents. We reserve the right to amend our Ts & Cs at any point without prior notice. Customers should familiarise themselves with these before and at arrival.
Included in the package price
- Wood Burning Stove
- Basket of wood. Any extra wood can be purchased at £10 per bag.
- Complimentary Self catering breakfast hamper (yogurt, cereal bars, tea, coffee, orange juice, croissants, butter, jam, marmalade, uht milk portions) Items may change subject to availability. Please inform us in advance of any food allergies.
- Each tent has its own BBQ and campfire area. Guests are requested to keep noise to an absolute minimum after 10pm with no campfire or BBQ remaining lit beyond 11pm.
- Pot, Pan & Kettle.
- Utensils, Crockery & Cutlery.
- Washing up equipment.
- Drinking water supply to near your tent.
- Each bed has a duvet & 2 pillows with linen provided. You may wish to bring pyjamas or similar for colder weather.
- Extra blankets are also provided.
- Small library and a selection of board games
- Activities – Target Sports, Paddle Sports, Climbing & Abseiling
We do NOT include:
- Rubbish collection
- Placing refuse in sacks or taking to the refuse area
- Washing up of cutlery and crockery
- Towels or toiletries
- Wifi/Broadband facilities (3G & 4G is available on most networks)
- Parking in our Car Park
- 24 hour access to our shower and toilet unit (a short walk from your tent)
- Access to our reception area (from 8am to 8pm – Staffed from 8am to 5pm)
- Use of the Lochan is permitted (at your own risk and until 8pm) out-with pre-booked sessions however access to AAA equipment is prohibited.
For any guests that can’t quite go fully off grid you have access to our activities reception area from 8am until 8pm. This area has a large screen tv, dvd player, sockets to charge your mobile devices, tea & coffee making facilities and a large wood burner fire as well as a selection of books, dvd’s and board games. Please note we do not provide wi-fi access.
Activities included – Paddle Sports, Climbing & Abseiling, Target Sports. Our other activities can be booked in advance.
Arrival and Departure
Check in is between 4pm – 7pm on your day of arrival. Tents should be left clean and tidy in time for a 1pm check out. Late check in/out will incur an extra cost of £10 per hour or part thereof deducted from your deposit. In the event of customers departing early due to inclement weather or for any other reason, no credit will be available against any unused portion of your activity break.
Bookings & Availability
We only take bookings from persons over 18 years of age. We reserve the right to refuse any booking at our own discretion. Bookings are not confirmed until you receive a confirmation email from us. Activities will be allocated to a booking at least 7 days prior to arrival. The minimum age for included activities is 8 years.
A security deposit of £50 per person is charged at the time of booking. Refunds are made within 72 hrs of departure giving us sufficient time to check for any damage or breakages.
Changes can be made up to 4 weeks prior to arrival. From 4- 2 weeks before arrival any changes will incur a fee of £40 per person. Beyond this time period no further changes can be made for any reason. Please check if holiday insurance you may have will cover this eventuality.
For 2020 our Glamping Activity Breaks are available as Wednesday/Thursday or Friday/Saturday only with activities taking place on Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
Our Glamping Activity Break prices can vary dependant on several factors. Only prices stated on the reservation statement are binding. We will occasionally offer special offers and discounts, these cannot be applied retrospectively after the confirmation has been received.
Each Tent Site has a Campfire Area. It is the parents/guardians responsibility to ensure that young children do not place themselves in a situation whereby they can injure themselves by being vigilant of any potential incident. As with all camping holidays, parental supervision is essential, at all times. AAA cannot be held liable for injuries sustained due to parents/guardians failing to adequately supervise children.
Each Tent Site has access to the Lochan. It is the parents/guardians responsibility to ensure that young children do not place themselves in a situation whereby they can injure themselves by being vigilant of any potential incident. As with all camping holidays, parental supervision is essential, at all times. AAA cannot be held liable for injuries sustained due to parents/guardians failing to adequately supervise children around the Lochan.
Pets are not permitted on Glamping Breaks or at the Glamping sites.
Payments & Deposits
All bookings made must be paid in full at the time of booking either through a Paypal Invoice or Direct Banking. A Security Deposit of £50 pp must be paid direct to AAA at the time of booking This is over & above the cost of the stay. Deposits are refunded within 72 hrs of check out and will reflect any deductions for breakages etc.
Changes can be made up to 4 weeks prior to arrival. From 4- 2 weeks before arrival any changes will incur a fee of £40 per person for each and every amendment. Beyond this time period no further changes can be made for any reason regardless of the circumstances behind the cancellation. Changes & cancellations we only be dealt with through email from the original booking confirmation email chain. Please check if holiday insurance you may have will cover this eventuality.
Getting to Us
Transport Links- because of our rural location we would not recommend booking to anyone needing to get to us by public transport. For those wishing to travel by bike we are directly connected to Sustrans Cycle Route 7.
To make customers stay as to make the stay as pleasant as possible, we request guest to abide by all guests must keep to the determined rules of behaviour laid down in the site rules. Full site rules on arrival, from your AAA team. Rules relate to noise disturbance, behaving in a considerate and safe manner, when campfires can be lit until and general site & tent housekeeping. No music should be played after 10pm without the direct permission of AAA . Vehicles should never be driven up to the tent areas. We would ask that guests inform us of any unauthorised traffic movements. Tents accommodate up to 2 adults. You should notify AAA of any day visitors to your tent during your stay. In the event of a breach our site rules we reserve the right to ask any guest to leave the site without compensation for the unspent element of their holiday.
The Site Rules listed below is not exhaustive and may be changes and updated at any time without prior notice. Please make sure you are aware of all site rules upon arrival.
- No wetsuits allowed in tents
- No dogs on glamping sites or in tents
- No open flames in tents
- no muddy footwear in tents
- no smoking in tents
- , with all dishes done
Action Adventure Activities cannot be held liable if through Force Majeure our agreement is entirely or partially, temporarily or permanently, prevented by circumstances beyond the control of Action Adventure Activities such as, fire, floods, stormy weather, gales, snow, extreme heat or cold climate conditions, civil disorder, threat of war, staff strikes, blockades and other interference’s or events. Please check if holiday insurance you may have will cover this eventuality.
Action Adventure Activities accept no liability for: theft, loss or damage, of whatever nature, during or as a result of a stay with us the tenant and any accompanying guests will be joint and severally liable for all losses or damage that occurs either directly or indirectly as a result of their stay.
If you have a complaint.
We want you to have an enjoyable stay with us. In the event that there is something that you are not happy about please notify AAA as soon as possible during your stay. If you are still not satisfied with how matters have been dealt with then you can email us within 14 days of departure setting out the details of your complaint.
Action Adventure Activities is located in open countryside with farmland, woodland, livestock and machinery in close proximity. Children must be supervised at all times. All animals should be treated with respect and care under adult supervision. All sheds & barns are off limits at all times. Do not climb on log piles. It is the parents/guardians responsibility to ensure that young children do not place themselves in a situation whereby they can injure themselves by being vigilant of any potential incident. As with all camping holidays, parental supervision is essential, at all times. AAA cannot be held liable for any injuries sustained due to parents/guardians failing to supervise children appropriately. All adult visitors have a duty of care to themselves and others to act in a responsible manner.
- The customer warrants that the accommodation is to be used for holiday purposes only.
- The customer binds and obliges their selves to vacate the hired premises without demand at the termination of the period of hire.
- Fire safety: Smoking is not permitted in any part of the accommodation. Incense burning, fireworks, and flammable liquids / gases are prohibited within the accommodation or grounds. Tea light candles are permitted in tents but must be inside a storm lantern.
- Tampering with any Fire/Water Safety Equipment is a Criminal Offence. We reserve the right to report any incident to the Police and deduct from the hirers deposit (£50 minimum) for any damage of Fire/Water Safety Equipment not related to a real incident.
- The maximum number of persons occupying the accommodation is as per the number stated when making the booking. We are not obliged to accommodate additional group members whom arrive at any other time, unless (a) we have been made aware of their arrival beforehand by email from the customer, and / or (b) there is suitable accommodation still available. We reserve the right to terminate the hire without notice where no notice of any increase in group numbers has been given by the customer to us.
- Large/small adult mixed or single-sex male or female groups are not usually permitted. Exceptions to this are: school / college / university groups on official field trips, recognised activity clubs, armed forces & emergency service groups or any other official / governmental organisation, mountain rescue teams, community / church groups and outdoor instructional / corporate training courses. Acceptance may be given to other group types on an individual basis.
- We reserve the right to decline any booking. In this case no reason will need be given, any balance amount already paid shall be refunded in full, and the contract shall be discharged without further liability on either party.
- We reserve the right to decline a booking or to refuse entry to accommodation to any person(s) or group who in our opinion, are not suitable to occupy. In this case no reason will need be given, any balance amount already paid shall be refunded in full, and the contract shall be discharged without further liability on either party.
- Our site operates with a relaxed atmosphere, please be aware the Action Adventure Activities is not a 5 star resort but primarily an Outdoor Activities Centre.
- We expect our tents to be left in the condition that they are found, this includes removing any rubbish and disposing of it in the bins provided and all crockery, cutlery etc must be left washed. If the tent is left dirty a cleaning charge of £40 (minimum) will be deducted from the security deposit.
- We reserve the right to repossess the accommodation at any time where any damage, inappropriate behaviour or excessive noise has occurred, in such a case we shall not be liable to make a refund of any portion of the balance amount already paid. We may however retain your deposit if we need to compensate other guests disturbed by the inappropriate behaviour or excessive noise.
- We cannot accept any form of abuse directed at our staff wither verbal or physical. Our response to this is to immediately call the Police.
- If we are prevented by any circumstances beyond our control from making the accommodation available on the day of hire commencement, and cannot provide a suitable alternative, we will refund all monies already paid, but no further liability shall be accepted.
- We accept no liability for loss or damage to any personal property whilst on-site. Relevant insurance precautions for any unforeseen eventuality should already be taken.
- As far as the law allows, Action Adventure Activities takes no responsibility for loss, damage or injury to you or any of your party as a consequence of this agreement or the occupancy following thereon.
- The customer has ultimate responsibility for the treatment of accommodation by their party during the period of hire, and is expected to take all necessary care. The customer agrees to pay the necessary amount to rectify any damage to accommodation or to replace any lost or damaged items within accommodation caused by any member of their party, in particular where damage exceeds the amount of the security deposit. Unsuitable or inferior replacement items are not acceptable.
- We cannot guarantee which particular Prospector Tent you will be in.
- Your statutory rights are not affected by these Conditions.
- Any disputes shall be settled in accordance with Scots Law.